AMDA - The Society for PALTC Medicine | September 29
COMMERCIAL: COVID-19 Update
- CDC Talking Points On Pfizer Booster Recommendations
- CDC: Modeling the Potential Impact of Vaccination Strategies for Nursing Home Residents and Staff
- A systematic review of long-term care facility characteristics associated with COVID-19 outcomes
- MMWR: Comparative Effectiveness of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Vaccines in Preventing COVID-19 Hospitalizations Among Adults Without Immunocompromising Conditions — United States, March–August 2021
- Trajectory of COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Over Time and Association of Initial Vaccine Hesitancy With Subsequent Vaccination
- JAMDA: Absence of COVID-19 Disease Among Chronically Ventilated Nursing Home Patients.
- MMWR: Safety Monitoring of an Additional Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine — United States, August 12–September 19, 2021
- Does accepted definition of Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI) severity predict poor outcomes in older adults?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections in the Veterans Health Administration.
- Continued need for non-pharmaceutical interventions after COVID-19 vaccination in long-term-care facilities
Research Reports/White Papers
- AHCA/NCAL Survey of nursing home and assisted living providers show industry facing significant workforce crisis
- CDC COCA: Evaluating and Supporting Patients Presenting With Fatigue Following COVID-19. Thursday, September 30, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET
- Is The Worst Over? Modelers Predict A Steady Decline In COVID Cases Through March
- CDC Director Backs COVID Booster Plan And Makes An Additional Recommendation
- CDC Vaccine Panel Ponders Mixing and Matching COVID Boosters — Lack of data sticking point with ACIP while awaiting FDA's decision on boosters
- CDC: Current staff vaccination rate not good enough to protect nursing home residents
- NY: Unvaccinated workers at nursing homes could be replaced by National Guard, official says
- 89% of New York’s SNF Staff Are Vaccinated After Mandate Deadline
- Some SNF Operators Skeptical of Federal Infection Control ‘Strike Teams’